Friday, August 26, 2016

South Africa Reflections 2

Truthfully, I had no expectations for this journey, which is not to say that I was not excited about doing whatever was planned, or in place for me to do.  As the President of the North Tahoe Lions club, I believe in service to our community and to the global community.  Our motto is  "We serve."  It is in this way that I approach life, not above you, not below you, but with you.  And, as I approached service learning, I went into it with great excitement and anticipation. I walked head long into each situation with a ease to serve humanity, and I was able to do this with what I feel had a tremendous impact on the communities and schools, and areas in which we served.  I take great pride in the things we have accomplished thus far and, I look forward to serving more.  I know that I have a great deal to offer the people of South Africa, and in life, that is my future, I intend to offer more.

No comments:

Post a Comment